5. Southland SEA438 One Man Auger, 43cc
Powered by a 2-cycle engine, this post hole digger from Southland can be counted on when it comes to post hole digging for many outdoor jobs. It is not only quick but it is also efficient in completing the job thanks to its 316 rpm engine’s bit speed and a reliable fuel tank that can hold fuel that lasts for several hole digging tasks. The fuel tank is translucent and that means you are able to monitor the fuel use and refill whenever there is a need. Included also in the package is an 8-inch auger bit. Click here to read our full review.
- 2-cycle engine.
- Designed for one man operation.
- Has ergonomic butterfly handles. The handle is detachable as well for easy storage.
- It has a heavy duty construction.
- It has a manual recoil and easy to start fuel delivery system. This ensures you begin digging immediately without any delays.
- Covered by a 2-year limited warranty.
- 8-inch auger bit included.
- The 43cc engine has a total speed of 316 rpm that is ideal for fast drilling.
- Meets all CARB and E.P.A safety requirements.
- Optional 6-inch bit available for your purchase.
- Ideal for heavy use thanks to the pro quality direct gear and solid steel crankshaft.
- Additional accessories that come with the pack are: a spark plug tool, a bottle of premix oil, and 2 open end wrenches.
- Comfortable handles.
- It is lightweight to facilitate easy one man operation.
- Starts easily.
- It delivers the job as expected.
- Robust and durable.
- Easy to assemble.
- It is CARB and E.P.A certified.
- Easy to use.
- Somehow heavy.
4. XtremepowerUS V-Type Post Hole Digger, 55cc
One of the top benefits of this post hole digger is that it is compatible with 4, 6, 8, 19 and 12-inch auger bits. This being a 2 man operation post hole digger is obviously a little heavier. The fact that it is a gas powered unit makes it more efficient and reliable when it comes to digging post holes for less demanding projects such as tree or shrub planting, fencing, decks, fencing, ice fishing, and many others. This unit is easy to use and it comes with everything you need except grease for the gearbox. Furthermore, you can dig soil easily irrespective of whether it is tough clay or a soil that has big stones. Click here to read our full review.
- Gas powered 2 man operation post hole digger with a 2-stroke air-cooled engine.
- Its rated power output is 1090w and it has a displacement of 55cc.
- It is lightweight. Weighs 20 pounds which is an ideal weight for a 2 man operated machine.
- Compatible with 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12-inch auger bits.
- It can dig up to 3ft deep.
- Much lighter when compared to similar models in the market.
- Easy to operate.
- Quality for money.
- Very powerful. It can dig into even well dense soils.
- Its auger head is in excellent condition.
- Excellent torque even at high speed.
- Product from a known manufacturer.
- Compatible with many different length of auger bits.
- Does not start easily.
- Quite pricey.
2. Earthquake 9800H 2-Person Earth Auger Powerhead, 160cc
For as much as manual post hole diggers do a good job when it comes to digging holes, some huge projects simply won’t be completed by these machines. The gas post hole digger becomes a much more practical choice when you are working on heavy clay soils, rocky grounds or projects that require a lot of holes within the shortest time possible. Since the gasoline powered digger does not rely on physical effort, they tend to be more a lot more efficient unlike the manual ones. However, they are more expensive. The Earthquake 9800H Earth Auger is a two man operation post hole digger that uses gasoline. It is powered by a 160cc 4-cycle Honda engine that is very powerful.
- Powered by 160cc Honda engine that is 4-cycle. The 4-stroke engine is powerful and ideal for heavy duty work.
- It is a two man operation post hole digger.
- Has heat-treated allow gears made of solid steel.
- Serves many purposes including; planting trees, fencing, decking, and most projects within a ranch, farm, or construction site that require hole digging.
- It has easy grip fingertip throttle and a rubber handle that is resistant to vibration.
- Its tubular steel cage protects the implement during transportation and when it is not in use.
- Its total cutting width is 14 inches.
- Very powerful device.
- Durable unit.
- Easy to grip and comfortable rubber handles.
- It is well protected by a tubular steel cage.
- Quality for money.
- It does more within a short time.
- Digs well tough soil conditions.
- Easy to use. Doesn’t take much work to figure out how to use it.
- The bolt connections to the auger head are not strongly attached.